ProBuilder is an add-on for Unity 3D that allows in-editor level construction, similar to UDK, Hammer, and Radiant. It works with both Unity Free and Pro, and is great for all platforms, including Mobile (iOS, Android).
Probuilder 1.0 began as an attempt at bringing the “good stuff” from Hammer/UDK/Radiant level design into Unity. ProBuilder 2.0, then, represents an entire community’s suggestions, testing, and feedback, through nearly 6 months of constant development.
The core of ProBuilder is fast, intuitive level construction, with powerful-yet-simple editing and optimization features, and a seamless workflow within the Unity editor. This means you build, test, build test, etc- all without any interruption to your creative process, and with instant feedback. It’s an incredibly powerful boost to your speed and quality of work!
These in-editor construction abilities are primarily why Hammer, UDK, Radiant and other professional game engines have attracted such a large and fanatical following of “Modders” and “Mappers”- you don’t need to learn a complex modeling system, yet you can still accomplish spectacular feats of game art and design.
New Features in ProBuilder 2.0
- Massively more efficient
- Seamless editing of Geometry and UVs
- Shapes, with parameters! Stairs, Cylinders, and Planes are included, with more coming soon.
- “Export to OBJ” action
- “Merge Objects” action
- VisGroups! Easily toggle on/off certain types of geometry
- Keyboard shortcuts for just about everything…
- …and an Editor Preferences panel to customize them all!
- Sleek, attractive new GUI
- Real-Time building- demo included!
- and much, much more!
Please visit the new ProBuilder site at “www.probuilder3d.com” for all the details!